DATORIOS PIPELINE COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Datorios pipeline competition (“Competition”) is administered by Datorios Ltd. (“Datorios“). By registering and participating in the Competition, you acknowledge and agree that you are entering into a legally binding agreement with Datorios and agree to and accept these Terms and Conditions (“Terms“). IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS YOU: (A) MUST NOT REGISTER OR PARTICIPATE IN THE COMETITION; AND (2) ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE PRIZE(S) UNDER THE COMPETITION. References to “you“, “Participant(s)” or “Winner(s)” hereunder, shall include the parent or legal guardian of any Participant(s) under the age of 18 (as applicable).
- Participant(s) (defined below) will be asked to use the Datorios platform in order to build and submit a data pipeline (“Pipelines“). Participant(s) may not submit more than one Pipeline per person for the Competition and all Pipelines must be the Participant(s)’ original work. In order to build the Pipelines and to enter the Competition, you will be required to open an account with Datorios on our website (“Account“). You are responsible for your Account and you represent and warrant that all information submitted during the registration process is and will be complete and accurate at all time. Datorios may monitor all activities you perform through your Account.
- All Pipelines must be submitted to Datorios via our website at https://datorios.com/ (“Website“) no later than by 5:00 pm on [insert date] (“Closing Date“). Pipelines submitted to Datorios after the expiration of the Closing Date will not be accepted.
- Each Pipeline will be judged by a panel of judges appointed by Datorios, which may comprised of Datorios’ cofunders (“Judges“). Before the Pipelines are provided to the Judges, Datorios (or a representative of Datorios) will check each Pipeline in order to verify that the Pipeline works and is valid. If the Pipeline does not work or is invalid, the Pipeline will not be eligible to win.
- The following criteria will be used by the Judges to guide their selection of the winning Pipeline (amongst others): (1) the Pipeline created and submitted to Datorios, in the fastest time possible from the starting date of the Competition; (2) the originality of the Pipeline; and (3) the Pipeline working and valid. Judges may provide written feedback or comments with respect to the Pipeline their sole discretion (“Judging Criteria“).
- The Participant(s) who, in the opinion of the Judges, have best complied with the Judging Criteria shall, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these official rules, be Winner(s) of this Competition (each a “Winner“). The Winner(s) will be posted on our website or other social media sites or otherwise as determined by Datorios, on around March-April 2023. There will be one grand Prize Winner, however Datorios reserves the right to award multiple Prize(s) to additional Winner(s), at its sole discretion. Subject to these Terms, the Winner(s) shall be eligible to receive the Prize(s) (defined below).
- The Competition is a skill-based Competition. Chance plays no part in determining the Winner(s). Datorios reserves the right to cancel, change or suspend the Competition at its sole discretion, without prior notice.
- Eligibility Criteria for Participant(s)
- In order to participate in the Competition, you must be at least 18 years of age at the time you register for the Competition or above 16 years of age if your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) have consented to you entering the Competition and being bound to these Terms, subject to applicable law. Participant(s) under the age of 18 may be required to furnish written proof of such consent if requested by Datorios. You may not participate in the Competition (and will be immediately disqualified and forfeit all of your Prize(s), as defined below) if you are: (a) an employee of Datorios or otherwise involved in the administration of this Competition; (b) an immediate family (parent, sibling, spouse, child) or household member of a Datorios employee or a person involved in the administration of this Competition; (c) prohibited to participate in the Competition or to enter into a contract with Datorios by applicable export controls and sanctions programs; (d) a resident anywhere that the Competition is prohibited by law; (e) if you are below the age of 18 years old or above the age of 16, if you have not obtained consent from your parent or legal guardian. If you are a government official, you may only enter a Competition in your personal capacity. Government officials may be ineligible to receive Prize(s) (defined below). “Government officials” include any government employee; candidate for public office; and employee of government-owned or government-controlled companies, public international organizations, and political parties. You agree to comply with all applicable commercial and public anti-bribery laws. Subject to Section 3 (Registration) below, only participant(s) who meet the criteria set out in this Section will be eligible to participate in the Competition (“Participant(s)“).
- Datorios reserves the right to verify your eligibility and to adjudicate any dispute regarding eligibility at its sole discretion. You agree to provide Datorios with any proof of eligibility requested, and your refusal or failure to provide such proof within five (5) days of Datorios’ request will result in your immediate disqualification from the Competition and forfeiture of any Prize(s) (defined below).
To be eligible for to be considered for Prize(s) (defined below), your Pipeline must: (a) be a the original work of the Participant(s) submitting the Pipeline; (b) not duplicate nor be similar to any code or program currently included in Datorios’ systems; (c) not contain features or content that, in the sole opinion of Datorios, is found to be offensive or contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, obscene, or other inappropriate content or any content that would present Datorios in an unflattering light; (d) not infringe or misappropriate the rights of any third party, any applicable law nor have been created through the violation of any other provision of these Terms.
- Judges will choose the Winner(s) of the Competition in their sole and final judgment. Subject to the eligibility requirements herein, the following prize(s) may be awarded to the Winner(s) (“Prize(s)”): 2 flight tickets to Dubai and hotel accommodations for 4 nights + 2 one time tickets to the World’s fastest rollercoaster.
- The Prize(s) is subject to availability and it is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. If any element of the Prize(s) is declined by Winner(s), no alternate prizes or compensation will be awarded and Datorios may award it to alternate winner(s), at its sole discretion. You may not designate someone else as the Winner(s). Datorios reserves the right to substitute the Prize(s) with Prize(s) of equal or greater value. Datorios may withhold or cancel any Prize(s) due to failure by any Winner(s) to comply with the provisions of these Terms. The final determination of the Winner(s) and the application of the Judging Criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the Judges. No correspondence will be entered into with regard to any of Datorios’ or the Judges’ decisions. Datorios reserves the right to extend the Closing Date or to not select a Winner(s) if Datorios, in consultation with the Judges, in their sole and absolute discretion, consider that the Pipelines received did not meet the minimum qualification standards based on the Judging Criteria specified herein. Datorios reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner(s) in their sole discretion. Participation and receipt of the Prize(s) may have tax consequences. All taxes, fees, and surcharges on the Prize(s) won are the sole responsibility of the Winner(s).
By participating in the Competition, you agree that Datorios may make use online and in print or in any other media of your name, place of residence, likeness and statements concerning this Competition for advertising and promotional purposes, in connection with this Competition or your Pipeline, without payment or compensation to you, except where prohibited by law. In addition, Datorios may publish your Pipeline at its sole discretion without any further liability to you.
- Datorios retains all, and nothing in these Terms or done in connection with the Competition grants you any, right, title and interest in or to Datorios’ proprietary software, technology, confidential information or other intellectual property whatsoever (“Datorios Proprietary Material”). Nothing in these Terms requires Datorios to provide you with any Datorios Proprietary Material.
- By submitting your Pipeline to the Competition, you shall: (i) automatically, irrevocably and unrestrictedly transfer and assign all your rights and ownership in and to, any and all Pipeline you submit to Datorios, and Datorios shall be the exclusive owner of all Pipelines you submit to the Competition; (ii) take such action, during and after the Competition, as Datarios may request, to evidence, transfer, vest or confirm its right, title and interest in and to the Datarios Proprietary Material; and (iii) to the extent necessary, irrevocably appoint Datarios as its attorney-in-fact to execute assignments of, and register all rights to, the Datarios Proprietary Materials and the Intellectual Property Rights therein. You shall not be entitled, and hereby waive now and/or in the future, any claim, to any right, compensation, royalty and/or reward in connection with the said Datarios Proprietary Materials and waive and vow never to assert any moral rights therein. For purposes hereof, “Intellectual Property Rights” shall mean all worldwide: (a) patents, patent applications and patent rights; (b) rights associated with works of authorship, including copyrights, copyrights applications, copyrights restrictions, mask work rights, mask work applications and mask work registrations; (c) rights relating to the protection of trade secrets and confidential information; (d) rights analogous to those set forth herein and any other proprietary rights relating to intangible property; and (e) divisions, continuation, renewals, reissues and extensions of the foregoing (as applicable) now existing or hereafter filed, issued or acquired.
- You understand that you will not receive any compensation or royalties for use of your Pipeline, except the applicable Prize(s) (should you win Prize(s)). Notwithstanding the foregoing, Datorios is not obligated to use Pipelines for any purpose, even if they have been selected as winning Pipelines.
- By submitting a Pipeline, you represent, warrant, covenant and guarantee that such Pipeline is original and does not contain anything which infringes intellectual property, privacy or any other rights of any party and that such entry does not contain, or cause the display of, any content that is pornographic in nature, lewd, or sexually explicit.
- Each Participant shall fully indemnify, defend and hold harmless Datorios, its affiliates, employees and shareholders from any proceeding or claim made by any third-party with respect to the participation of the Participant(s) in the Competition and/or with respect to any information and/or details it provides to Datorios.
- Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability
- YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE COMPETITION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. DATORIOS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPETITION OR PROBLEMS OR PRIZE(S) WHICH YOU RECEIVE FROM DATORIOS IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPETITION. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties, so to that extent such exclusions may not apply.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL DATORIOS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF DATA, REVENUE, BUSINESS OR REPUTATION, THAT ARISES UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS, OR THAT RESULTS FROM (I) YOUR PARTICIPATION OR INABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMPETITION, (II) THE PRIZE(S) OR THE JUDGING CRITERIA, (III) ACTS OF MISCONDUCT OF OTHER PARTICIPANT(S) OR THIRD PARTIES, OR (IV) DATORIOS’ USE OF YOUR PIPELINE. IN ANY EVENT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DATORIOS’ TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH ALL OF THE FOREGOING SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE U.S. DOLLAR (US$1.00).
- THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS SHALL APPLY: (I) EVEN IF DATORIOS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES; (II) EVEN IF ANY REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE; AND (III) REGARDLESS OF THE BASIS OR THEORY OF LIABILITY.
These Terms are the entire agreement between you and Datorios concerning the Competition and any Pipeline you submit. This Section 10 (Miscellaneous), Section 5.2, Section 6 (Releases and Publicity) to Section 9 (Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability), inclusive, shall survive termination or expiration of these Terms and shall apply even after the conclusion of the Competition. These Terms may not be assigned by you but may be assigned by Datorios. These Terms may only be amended by written agreement of Datorios. If any provision of these Terms is deemed invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, (i) the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect and (ii) the invalid provision shall be substituted with a provision that most closely approximates the original legal and economic effect of the invalid provision. All section and sub-section headings used in these Terms are for convenience only, and shall not be relied upon or used in interpreting these Terms. No failure or delay in enforcing any right under these Terms will be deemed a waiver of that right. No waiver of any term of these Terms shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and a party’s failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. This Competition, these Terms, and any dispute related to the Competition or these Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of Israel, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Tel Aviv-Jaffa for any such disputes. YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION THAT YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE COMPETITION OR THESE TERMS MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.